Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Vegan Grilled Eggplant with Peanut Sauce
Time: 30 minutes | Serves: 2
For the sauce:
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp of water
2 tbsp of coconut sugar
4 tbsp of your oil of choice
1/8 tsp black pepper
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tsp ginger, minced
- In a small bowl, combine rice vinegar, soy sauce, water, peanut butter and coconut sugar.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat until warm. Add ginger and garlic. Stir and cook until fragrant.
- Turn to medium-low heat and add the vinegar mixture. Stir and cook until bringing to a simmer (you can add a bit of water if the sauce gets too thick).
- Then halve the eggplants lengthwise. Score the inside flesh in a crisscross pattern using the tip of a small knife. Cut as close to the skin as you can without cutting through it.
- Brush cut the sides of eggplants with some oil and grill the eggplants for 10 minutes until the surface are charred with dark grill marks. Cook until the texture becomes soft. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Spread sauce onto eggplant right before serving – yum!
This delicious recipe was created by: @fruityemz