Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Snickers Ice-Cream Bars
Time: 1 hour | Serves: 16
For the Base:
1 cup almond meal
60g protein powder or almond meal
2 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil or runny peanut butter
For the Peanut Nougat/Ice-Cream:
3/4 cup coconut cream
1/3 cup sugar free maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup Mayver’s Smooth Peanut Butter
1/4 cup peanuts
For the Chocolate:
1 tbs coconut oil, optional
- In a bowl mix together your base ingredients. Press the dough into a lined 8×8 in baking tin to make the base. Add 1-2 tbs almond milk or water if the mixture is too dry.
- Mix all of the nougat ingredients (except peanuts) together in a bowl until smooth. Fold through half of the peanuts.
- Spread nougat over base and refrigerate/freeze for about 30 minutes until the nougat has set.
- Once nougat has set spread an extra 1-2 tbs of peanut butter over top and press in the remaining peanuts. You can skip this step and just fold all of the peanuts through at step 2 instead but I like the extra layer of crunch!
- Melt the chocolate with the coconut oil until smooth then pour the chocolate over the top of the nougat/peanuts then refrigerate for 30-60 minutes until chocolate has set.
Thanks so much to the lovely @clean_treats for the delish recipe!