Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Reindeers Christmas Cookies
Time: 35 mins | Serves: 21
40g organic rice malt syrup
65g organic coconut sugar
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
100g oat flour
45g vanilla protein powder
1 tsp baking soda
Bag of Hersheys Kisses
Gold luster dust
- In a microwave safe bowl melt 15-20 Hersheys Kisses and place in a ziplock bag.
- Cut a small corner off the bag and pipe 36-40 reindeer antlers on a parchment lined baking tray. Let cool and set aside.
- Once chocolate antlers have cooled and set up lightly brush with gold luster dust.
- Preheat oven and line baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a medium to large bowl mix all ingredients together until well combined (except Herseys Kisses and decorations).
- Separate dough into 30g balls and place on baking tray. Flatten balls down into disc shapes prior to baking.
- Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes.
- Place Hersheys Kiss in the centre of each cookie and allow cookies to cool on warm cooking sheet.
- Hershey Kisses will become soft after a minute or two on warm cookies. Place reindeer nose and candy eyes on warm Hershey Kiss.
- Once cookies are completely cool add reindeer antlers to cookies with a bit of melted chocolate.
- Cookies will keep in air right container for up to a week.
*Apple Cider Vinegar is key when baking with fat in this case its the nut butter. The vinegar acts as a balancer and brings out the true flavours of the other ingredients.
Fabulous festive recipe by @ever_so_fit