Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Red Quinoa & Lentil Patties
Time: 25 mins | Serves: 4
1 can brown lentils
1 cup cooked red quinoa, cooked
1 cup sweet potato, baked
1 tsp, extra virgin olive oil
1 brown onion, sliced
1 clove of garlic, chopped
3 tbs sesame seeds
1/2 cup Mayver’s Skin On Peanut Butter
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp minced chilli
Sprinkle of cumin
Sprinkle of turmeric
- Chop up the sweet potato and boil until soft.
- Drain and rinse lentils and combine in a bowl with the sweet potato.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in a pan with a teaspoon of olive oil and add to the mixture.
- Add the quinoa and egg to the bowl and mix well.
- Add sesame seeds and mix well.
- Combine mixture with your hands and form medium sized patties.
- Cook in a pan on medium heat until lightly browned on both sides.
- Mix peanut butter, garlic, chilli and spices in a bowl with warm water until a pancake batter consistency is achieved.
- Serve with patties.
This amazing recipe was created by @susie_burrell_dietitian