Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Raw Peanut Caramel Slice
Time: 30mins | Serves: 16
3/4 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts
3/4 cup raw cashews
6 medjool dates
1 tbsp smooth natural peanut butter
8 medjool dates
1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter
1 cup cashews, soaked overnight in water
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/3 cup raw cacao powder
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
Extra crushed peanuts, to decorate
1. Line a 21x21cm brownie tin with cling wrap.
3. Blend the peanuts and cashews in a food processor until crumbly.
4. Add in the dates and peanut butter and blend until the mixture holds together when pressed.
5. Press into the baking tin and place in the freezer.
6. For the peanut caramel, blend all ingredients in a food processor until thick and smooth, stopping every 30 seconds or so to scrape down the sides.
7. Spread evenly on top of the base and return to the freezer.
8. Make the chocolate layer by combining the cacao, coconut oil and maple syrup in a small pan over medium heat, constantly mixing until the mixture is silky and smooth.
9. Let the chocolate cool for a couple minutes, and then pour it over the caramel layer.
10. Sprinkle over some extra peanuts and return to the freezer to set for a couple of hours before slicing into 16 squares.
11. Store in freezer and let defrost slightly before serving.
Thanks so much @enrichnutrition for this moorish slice!