Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Peanut Butter-Stuffed Raspberry Muffins
Time: 40min | Serves: 9
1 tbsp flaxseed
210ml almond milk
10g lemon juice
100g whole wheat flour
150g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cardamom
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
50g raw sugar
100g frozen raspberries
9 tsp Mayver’s Smooth Peanut Butter
- Preheat your oven to 200℃. Start by making your flax egg: mix your flaxseed with 2 tablespoons of water in a small bowl and leave to set until it forms a thick paste.
- Mash your banana in a bowl until smooth, then add in your flax egg, almond milk, lemon juice and vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
- In another bowl, sift in your plain flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and cardamom. Add in your salt and sugar and mix to combine.
- Pour the banana mixture into your flour. Add your raspberries and gently fold until no large dry lumps of flour are visible. Try not to crush up the raspberries too much during this process.
- Line a muffin tray with squares of baking powder, or spray lightly with oil and spoon a tablespoon of muffin batter into each lined muffin tin and make a well in the centre. Add 1 teaspoon of salted peanut butter into the centre and cover with another 2-3 tablespoons of muffin batter. Repeat until all the batter has been used.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, until cooked through and slightly golden.
Huge thanks to the awesome @recipesforlifecookbook for this yummy recipe!