Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Peanut Butter Popcorn Bars
Time: 30 mins | Serves: 12 - 16
Download your FREE recipe book!
2 tsp coconut oil
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup popcorn kernels
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup maple syrup
- Melt the 2 teaspoons of coconut oil in a large saucepan on medium to high heat.
- When oil is melted add the salt and popcorn. Put the lid on the saucepan and turn up the heat to high.
- Shake the saucepan vigorously and release the steam at regular intervals, by lifting the lid slightly, until all the corn is popped.
- Pour popcorn into a large bowl and let cool down.
- Use baking paper to line a brownie or slice tray.
- Melt the butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan until the sugar is dissolved.
- Take off the heat and whisk through the maple syrup and Mayver’s Crunchy Peanut Butter.
- Pour this mixture over the popcorn and mix thoroughly, making sure all popcorn is coated.
- Pour mixture into the lined tray and press down firmly with the back of a metal spoon all over.
- Place in fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Carefully lift out of tray by pulling up the baking paper. Cut into 12 or more bar slices and enjoy!