Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Peanut Butter Picnic Bars
Time: 45 mins | Serves: 6
4 shortbread biscuits
Caramel Rice Puff Layer
1 cup dates, pitted & soaked, reserve ¼ cup of the date water
2 tablespoons Mayver’s Smooth Peanut Butter
1 cup rice bubbles
40g caramel protein powder
½ cup roasted peanuts
120g dark chocolate
1. Line a small container with non-stick paper (10 x 15cm).
2. For the biscuit base, arrange the biscuits so that it fills the entire bottom of the container. You can cut a few and piece it together to fill the spaces.
3. For the caramel rice puff layer, in a food processor make the peanut date caramel by blending the dates, date water and Mayver’s Smooth Peanut Butter until smooth. In another bowl, add in the rice puffs, protein powder and then pour int the peanut date caramel. Mix until the protein powder has dissolved and date caramel is evenly covering all the rice puffs. Sprinkle the roasted peanuts over the rice puff layer.
4. Put the slice into the freezer for 30 minutes.
5. Remove the slice from the freezer and cut into 6 logs.
6. For the chocolate coating, melt the dark chocolate and stir in the Mayver’s Smooth Peanut Butter until smooth. Pour the chocolate over each log. Put the chocolate bar back into the freezer for 30 more minutes until set.
Delicious recipe by @run2food
Storage tips: In an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for months, allowing it to thaw at room temperature for a few minutes before consuming.