Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Peanut Butter Curry
Time: 30min | Serves: 2-3
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp garam masala
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp ground coriander
1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder (optional)
1 tbsp minced ginger
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 small butternut pumpkin, diced (about 1-2 cups)
1 red capsicum, diced
1 packet vegan chicken
1 cup frozen mixed vegetables of choice
1.5 cups vegan chicken stock
400g tin chopped tomatoes
3/4 cup Mayver’s Dark Roasted Crunchy Peanut Butter
1/2 tbsp maple syrup
400ml tin coconut milk
- In a large pan over medium heat, add the tomato paste, ginger, garlic and spices and cook until the spices are fragrant and tomato paste has caramelised, about 3mins.
- Add the pumpkin, capsicum, frozen vegetables and chick’n and stir to coat.
- Add the peanut butter, tomatoes and stock.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- Add the coconut milk and maple syrup and cook a further 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with rice or quinoa and enjoy!
Thanks to the awesome @littleaudrey for this warming recipe!