Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Peanut Butter & Chia Jam Muffins
Time: 40mins | Serves: 12
For the Muffins:
1 cup gluten-free plain flour
3/4 cup almond meal
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tbs flaxmeal
1 cup non-dairy milk
1/2 cup coconut sugar
3 tbs maple syrup
1/3 cup Mayvers Smooth Peanut Butter
1/4 cup neutral oil
For the Chia Jam:
2 cups frozen raspberries
1 tbs fresh lemon juice
Optional dash or maple or honey
- Combine non-dairy milk and flaxmeal and set aside 5 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees and line or grease your muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl combine: maple syrup, oil, peanut butter, sugar and milk/flaxmeal mix. Add in dry ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- For your chia jam, heat fruit in a small saucepan, stirring occasionally.
- When the fruit begins to breakdown and boil, use your wooden spoon or masher to mash the fruit.
- Stir in chia seeds and lemon, quick taste before adding in your optional honey/syrup (the jam will seem quite runny but will thicken as it cools).
- Stir well before storing it in a jar, then allow to cool in fridge for approx. 1 hour.
- Divide batter into muffin tin & add a dollop of your chia jam on the top of each muffin, use a chopstick or toothpick to swirl the chia jam into the top of the muffin.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes depending on your oven (check with a knife/toothpick – clean means cooked).
- Let them cool before taking them out of the tin. Cover in copious amounts of PB and your chia jam, and enjoy!
Thanks to the lovely @tasteful_tucker for this amazing recipe!