Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Mini Carrot Cake Loaves
Time: 1 hour | Serves: 6
½ cup chickpea flour
½ cup almond flour
½ cup buckwheat flour
2 tbsp vanilla protein powder
2 heaped tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg (add spices to taste)
1 pinch salt
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
2-3 tbsp coconut sugar
Handful walnuts (chopped)
1 cup almond milk
¼ cup apple puree
1 heaped tbsp Mayver’s Almond Butter
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 carrots grated (squeeze excess carrot juice)
For the Frosting:
1 cup cashews (soaked in boiling water and drained)
1 heaped tbsp coconut yoghurt
1 tsp lemon juice
Water to thin
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees and grease mini loaves pan.
- In large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Add wet ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Fill each muffin mould to the top and bake for around 25-30 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- In a high speed blender, blitz all cashew frosting ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- Put in the freezer to firm for around 30 minutes.
- Pipe on cooled down muffins and top with your favourite extras!
Many thanks to the amazing @thenourishedbite for the recipe!