Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Healthy Pad Thai
Time: 30min | Serves: 2-3
For the Sauce:
2 tbsp taramind puree
2 tbsp coconut sugar
2 tbsp Mayver’s Crunchy Peanut Butter
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
100g dried Thai rice noodles
1 zucchini, spiralised
1 carrot, spiralised
2 tbsp cold pressed peanut oil
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1/2 brown onion, sliced
1 chicken thigh, thinly sliced
2 free range eggs, whisked
1/2 cup green prawns
1 heaped cup bean sprouts, plus more to serve
1 handful chives, cut into one inch pieces
1/4 cup roasted peanuts, finely chopped
Chilli flakes (optional)
1 lime, cut into wedges
- Place the rice noodles into a large bowl and pour boiling water over the noodles. Allow to soak for 5 minutes – no longer. Drain the noodles and run them under cold water. Set aside.
- Add all sauce ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- Spiralise the zucchini and carrot into ‘zoodles’ and dice the remaining middles.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the garlic, onion and diced middles of the vegetables and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the sliced chicken and cook for 2 minutes or until almost cooked completely.
- Push the chicken and vegetables to one side and add the whisked eggs for a minute before stirring them through the chicken and vegetables.
- Add the prawns, bean sprouts, zoodles, noodles, and sauce and toss gently for 2 minutes until well combined.
- Add the chopped garlic chives and quickly stir through before removing from the heat.
- Serve immediately, topped with more bean sprouts, chopped peanuts, chilli flakes and a slice of lime. Enjoy!
Thank you so much to @of.oat.and.earth for this INCREDIBLE recipe.