Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Halloween Ghost Muffins
Time: 55min | Serves: 10
2 cups wholemeal spelt flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 cup Mayver’s Smooth Peanut Butter
2 free-range eggs
100g butter, melted
1.5 cups coconut milk
100g dark chocolate, roughly chopped into small chunks
2 cans coconut cream, chilled in the fridge overnight
1 tsp stevia, adjusted to your liking
1 tsp vanilla extract
20 mini dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C, on a fan forced setting.
- Grease 10 holes of a muffin tray and set aside.
- Combine the flour, coconut sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Next, add the peanut butter, eggs, melted butter and coconut milk to the bowl and stir well to combine.
- Stir through the chocolate chips and divide the muffin mixture amongst the muffin tray.
- Place the muffins in the oven to cook for 25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out dry.
- After this time, remove the muffins from the oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the muffins to a cooling rack.
- Remove the coconut cream from the fridge. Do not shake or mix the can. Scoop out all of the solid coconut cream and place it in a bowl. Avoid the liquid, leaving that in the can.
- Add the stevia and vanilla to the bowl and use a hand mixer to whip the cream, until creamy and smooth.
- Place the coconut cream icing in a piping bag with a round attachment. Pipe the mixture onto each muffin.
- Once the muffins have been iced, make the eyes by adding 2 mini chocolate chips to each.
Thanks @projectnourish for the amazing recipe!