Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Tray Baked Spicy Peanut Butter Chicken
Time: | Serves:
gf df sf
Download your FREE recipe book!
- 3 tablespoons Mayver’s Dark Roasted Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chilli (less if you really don’t like very spicy food)
- 4 x chicken thighs bone in skin on
- Juice of half a lime
- Pinch of sea salt flakes
- Drizzle of sesame oil
- Place chicken thighs in a bowl with Mayver’s Dark Roasted Peanut Butter, coconut aminos, tamarind paste, ginger, cumin, and chilli.
- Use hands to mix up together so that chicken is well coated.
- Wash hands through thoroughly.
- Cover bowl with glad wrap or foil, and refrigerate to marinate for 3+ hours (can do overnight, or reduce to half an hour if needed)
- Pre-heat over to 200 degrees celsius fan forced and remove chicken from fridge. Line a baking tray with paper.
- Squeeze lime juice over chicken, and again use hands to mix together. Place chicken onto lined tray skin side up.
- Drizzle with sesame oil, sprinkle with salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until chicken is golden and juices run clear. Rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Thanks to Vic from @wellnesswithvic for this recipe!