Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Soba noodle bowl with smooth and creamy Peanut sauce
Time: 40 minutes | Serves: 4
df v sf
Download your FREE recipe book!
- 1 Tbsp red curry paste
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp fish sauce (optional)
- 250ml full-fat coconut milk
- 6 large mushroom cups
- 1 medium sized head of broccoli or two bunches broccolini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 200g smoked tofu
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 180g soba noodles, cooked according to packet directions
- To make the peanut sauce, add the first 5 ingredients to a small saucepan with a third of the coconut milk. Stir over a low to medium heat until well combined then add the remainder of the coconut milk. Bring to a slow boil while stirring, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the sauce has started to thicken and darken in colour.
- In the meantime, fry the garlic in the coconut oil over medium heat in a large frypan, for around 1 minute. Add the roughly chopped vegetables and a splash of water and cook for about 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate frypan, heat the sesame oil over medium to high heat and add the sliced tofu. Fry a minute or two each side until golden.
- Add the tofu and cooked soba noodles to the larger frypan with the cooked vegetables and add two-thirds of the sauce, mixing well to combine all ingredients.
- Serve topped with the remaining sauce and chopped peanuts or sesame seeds.
Recipe and photo provided by the talented @tohercore