Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Soba noodle bowl with creamy peanut sauce
Time: 40 minutes | Serves: 4
1 Tbsp red curry paste
1/4 cup natural peanut butter
2 Tbsp soy sauce or tamari
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tsp brown sugar
2 tsp fish sauce (optional)
250ml full-fat coconut milk
6 large mushroom cups
1 medium sized head of broccoli or two bunches broccolini
2 cloves garlic
1 Tbsp coconut oil
200g smoked tofu
2 tsp sesame oil
180g soba noodles, cooked according to packet directions
- To make the peanut sauce, add the first 5 ingredients to a small saucepan with a third of the coconut milk. Stir over a low to medium heat until well combined then add the remainder of the coconut milk. Bring to a slow boil while stirring, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the sauce has started to thicken and darken in colour.
- In the meantime, fry the garlic in the coconut oil over medium heat in a large frypan, for around 1 minute. Add the roughly chopped vegetables and a splash of water and cook for about 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate frypan, heat the sesame oil over medium to high heat and add the sliced tofu. Fry a minute or two each side until golden.
- Add the tofu and cooked soba noodles to the larger frypan with the cooked vegetables and add two-thirds of the sauce, mixing well to combine all ingredients.
- Serve topped with the remaining sauce and chopped peanuts or sesame seeds.
Recipe and photo provided by the talented @tohercore