Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Salted Caramel Protein Bars
Time: 40 minutes | Serves: 8
For the base:
- 3/4 cup Mayver’s Protein Plus Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal
For the caramel:
- 1/4 cup Mayver’s Almond Spread
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt (taste to preference)
- chocolate for coating
- Combine all of the base ingredients in a bowl. Press into a square tin and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the caramel: Add all ingredients to a saucepan and melt over medium heat. Pour caramel over the base and freeze for a further 15 minutes.
- Take out of the freezer and cut into desired shapes. Coat in melted chocolate and let it freeze for 20 minutes. Serve!
This yummy vegan creation was provided by the lovely @emersoncooks