Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Mayver’s Almond and Chia Spread marinated tofu
Time: 1 hour | Serves: 3
gf df v sf
Download your FREE recipe book!
For the tofu + marinade:
- 1 block firm tofu (250g), drained pressed for 30 minutes
- 3 x shallots, finely chopped
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp Mayver’s Almond + Chia Spread
- 2 tblsp tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 tblsp black bean sauce
- 1 tblsp sesame oil
- ½ – 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tsp rice malt syrup
- Water, to thin
- Cracked pepper, to taste
For the bowl additions:
- 2/3 cup basmati rice
- ½ tsp Chinese 5-Spice
- Cracked pepper
- To make the tofu + marinade:
- For the bowl preparations:
- Thanks to the AMAZING Ash from Inner Pickle for this recipe!
- Preheat the oven to 180C, and whisk the Mayver’s Almond + Chia Spread through to the rice malt syrup together in a small bowl. Add enough water to thin the mixture – roughly half to a full tablespoon.
- Chop the tofu into cubes and combine in a shallow baking dish with the shallots. Pour the marinade over and gently stir to coat the tofu and shallots.
- Place baking dish in the oven for 25 minutes, flipping the tofu over after the first 15 minutes. While the tofu is cooking, prepare the remainder of the bowls.
For the bowl preparations:
- Rinse the rice under cold water and cook as directed. Add the Chinese 5-spice and cracked pepper to the water at the beginning of cooking. Fluff, and serve.
- Chop the cucumber into 3cm thick slices and quarter. Top the rice bowls with equal handfuls of cucumber, and, once cooked, finish off the bowls with equal thirds of the tofu. Serve!
Thanks to the AMAZING Ash from Inner Pickle for this recipe!