Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Vegan Peanut Butter Snickers Bars
Time: 35 mins | Serves: 6 - 8
½ cup vegan butter
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup glucose syrup
½ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup coconut milk
85g crushed peanuts
2 tbsp maple syrup
¼ cup oat flour
½ cup coconut cream
350g dark chocolate
- First, prepare your tin by lining it with baking paper. 8 x 8 tin square used in this recipe. Then make your caramel by adding the butter, sugar, syrup, salt and vanilla to a deep-bottom pan set over medium heat. Bring the mixture to the boil, stirring occasionally, then slowly add the coconut milk, a little at a time, whisking constantly until fully incorporated. Add your sugar thermometer then allow the mixture to bubble away without stirring until it reaches precisely 115C. This will take around 15 minutes.
- Once the caramel reaches the right temperature, take it immediately off the heat, stir in the crushed peanuts and pour into your prepared tin. Allow it to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before putting in the fridge to cool.
- After 1 hour, you can add your nougat layer to the cooled caramel. To make the nougat, add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Scrape the nougat on top of the caramel, spread evenly with the back of a spoon then return to the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- In a clean bowl, melt the chocolate then, using a sharp knife, cut your nougat and caramel into bars. You can make these any size you like. Use a fork to stab and dip each bar into the melted chocolate then place on to a lined plate or cooling rack to set. You can pop them into the fridge to speed this process up. The bars will keep for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container and can be kept in the fridge or at room temperature.
Droolworthy recipe @deliciously.free