Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Thai Peanut Noodle Curry
Time: 40min | Serves: 2-3
2 tbsp + 1 tbsp garlic infused olive oil (divided)
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 red chillies, deseeded and minced
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 can coconut milk
1 3/4 cup water
250g packet of firm tofu
2 tbsp gluten free soy sauce
200g rice noodles
2 carrots, finely sliced
1 large broccoli, cut into florets
1 + 2 tsp coconut sugar (divided)
Juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup basil leaves
Salt to taste
- Heat up a large chef pan or stock pot, and add 2 tbsp of garlic infused olive oil, coriander, turmeric, garam masala and cayenne pepper. Fry the spices for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Add the chillies and fry for another minute or so.
- Add in the peanut butter and tomato paste, incorporating them well with the spices. Fry for a couple of minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and water, breaking up all the lumps and bring to boil. Mix well, until all ingredients are well incorporated, then lower the heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the tofu into cubes, then fry it in 1 tbsp garlic infused olive oil until slightly browned. Mix in the soy sauce and 2 tsp coconut sugar and keep stirring until the tofu is crispy and caramelised. Set aside.
- Bring the broth pot to a boil, add in the noodles, carrots, and broccoli, and let cook until the noodles are soft.
- Stir in 1 tsp coconut sugar, lime juice, basil leaves and salt generously.
- Serve immediately and top with crispy tofu.
Thanks to @thrivebay for the incredible recipe.