Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Tahini Roast Pumpkin Soup
Time: 1.5 hours | Serves: 8 - 10
gf df v sf
Download your FREE recipe book!
- 500g pumpkin cubed
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 red capsicum sliced
- 2 tomatoes quartered
- 2 tbsp berbere spice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 can organic lentils
- 1 can organic cannellini beans
- 4 tbsp Mayver’s Hulled Tahini
- 1.5 litres fresh vegetable stock
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Bacon (optional)
- Greek yoghurt (optional)
- First chop up all your veggies and lay them on a baking tray
- Make sure the pumpkin is chopped into small cubes so it cooks fast
- Pour coconut oil over them and mix veggies to coat
- Sprinkle spice mix overtop (you can use paprika & cumin instead)
- Place in oven & roast for 35mins at 180deg until soft and caramelised
- If using bacon, fry bacon in the bottom of your stock pot
- Add half an extra red onion and fry for 3 mins
- Add all your roasted veggies , lemon juice beans and stock
- Cook on low heat for approx. 45mins – 1hr
- Add Mayvers Tahini right at the end and mix through.
- Once cooled slightly puree soup with etiher a handheld mixer or gently blend in glass blender (make sure it’s not too hot).
- Serve with either yoghurt or Persian feta!!
This is great link to make your own stock here
- Another delicious recipe from your friends at Mayvers!
Another delicious recipe from your friends at Mayvers!