Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Soya Bean Falafel and Miso Tahini Sauce
Time: 20min | Serves: 1-2
Soya Bean Falafel:
1 cup dried soya beans, soaked overnight
1 small red onion
4 garlic cloves
30g white miso paste
2 tbsp besan flour
1 bunch of parsley, roughly chopped
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1/2 tbsp chilli flakes
Black pepper and sea salt
80g Mayver’s Hulled Tahini
50g white miso paste
1/2 cup water
Juice 1 lemon
2 garlic cloves, finely crushed
- In a food processor, add all the falafel ingredients. Blitz until fully combined and the mixture resembles wet bread crumbs.
- Spoon a tablespoon of the falafel mixture, and using your hands, gently press the mix into golf ball size pieces. Place the falafels onto a tray and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Heat sunflower seed oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Test the heat of the oil by adding a bit of the falafel mixture to the pan. If it starts to sizzle and fry, it is ready.
- Add the falafels to the hot pan, cooking each side until golden and crispy. Remove from the heat to a paper towel to drain. Season with flakey salt while they are warm.
- To make the miso-tahini sauce, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until fully combined. Season to taste.
- Serve the falafel with the miso-tahini, fresh herbs and lemon.
Thank-you @_thedailyfoodfeed for the delicious recipe!