Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Skin On Peanut Butter Protein Bars
Time: 35 mins | Serves: 12
3/4 cup Mavver’s Skin On Peanut Butter
1/4 cup honey
1.5 tbsp melted coconut oil
1/3 cup ground flaxseed meal
1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
100 grams 70-85 % dark chocolate
1. In a large bowl combine the peanut butter, honey and melted coconut oil until it’s a smooth consistency. Mix in the flaxseed meal and vanilla protein powder, using a spoon or clean hands to combine. The batter should be soft and doughy.
2. Press the mixture into a roughly 20 x10 cm (line with baking paper to prevent sticking). Make sure the mixture is smooth on top in preparation for the chocolate layer.
3. Melt the dark chocolate in a small saucepan or in the microwave. If you’re using the stove, stir regularly so it doesn’t burn. If you’re microwaving, melt in 30 second bursts, stirring in between.
4. Pour the melted chocolate on top of the peanut butter layer, covering the top completely with the chocolate.
5. Refrigerate for 2 hours and store in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container.