Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Salted Caramel Choc Chip Banana Bread
Time: 45 minutes | Serves: 8
– 1 cup almond milk
– 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
– 3 ripe bananas
– 1/4 cup coconut sugar
– 1/4 cup nuttelex (melted)
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 2 cups buckwheat flour
– 1 tsp baking soda
– Pinch of pink salt
– 1/2 tsp cinnamon
– 6 tsp salted caramel protein (optional)
– 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate (plus extra for topping)
– 1 tbsp Mayvers peanut butter
– Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a 9×5 cm loaf tin.
– Combine almond milk and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl and set aside.
– In a large bowl, mash bananas. Add sugar, milk, vanilla extract, nuttelex and combine.
– Add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and protein powder to the bowl. Stir until just combined and then fold through chocolate.
– Pour into the prepared loaf tin, add some extra chocolate on top, and drizzle over the peanut butter.
– Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a skewer
inserted through the centre comes out clean.