Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Pomegranate, Sweet potato and Tahini Walnut Salad
Time: 15 minutes | Serves: 2-4
gf df v sf
Download your FREE recipe book!
- Generous handful of rocket
- 2 sweet potatoes (sliced very thin)
- ¼ cup walnuts or cashews
- 2 pomegranates, 2 stems of spring onion
- 2 stems of celery, Salt & pepper
- ½ cup Mayver’s Hulled Organic Tahini
- 3 gloves garlic (crushed), 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil, ¼ cup lemon juice
- Prepare the dressing by adding garlic, tahini and salt in a food processor. Remove from food processor and add olive oil and lemon juice. If too thick, add a teaspoon of warm water. Preheat oven to 180°C ready for the sweet potato.
- Thinly slice the sweet potato and lay it on a baking tray and gently rub the oil onto both sides of the potato. Sprinkle Paprika, Salt and Pepper over the top.
- Place sweet potato chips in oven at 150°C for approx 30 – 45mins until semi-soft. Turn up the heat to 250 deg for approx. 10 min to crisp the edges. Rinse rocket, dry and place in salad bowl. Cut up celery, spring onion, walnuts and sprinkle over rocket. Cut open pomegranate & remove seeds, juice into 2 small bowls.
- Toss the pomegranate seeds and sweet potato chips through the salad along with 3tbs of the Mayvers Tahini Dressing and 2tbs of Pomegranate Juice. Add a touch of salt and pepper to taste.
- * For best results remove the skin & ensure that the potatoes aren’t overlapping.
- ** Option to add 2 cubes of persian fetta for a creamier taste.