Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Peanut Butter Slice with Crunchy Cookie Base
Time: 45 minutes | Serves: 8-12
For the dough:
½ cup vegan butter, melted
½ cup coconut sugar
2 tsp egg replacer + 1 tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ cups gluten free flour
2/4 tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
A large handful peanuts
For the centre:
For the top:
200g dark chocolate, of choice
- Preheat the oven to 175C and line a square baking tin with baking paper. Beat the butter and sugar together until smooth. Carefully stir in the egg replacer and vanilla.
- Separately, combine the flour, baking powder and soda. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet until well combined. Stir in the peanuts and press the dough into the baking tin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the sides are golden. Remove from the oven and set aside for 20 minutes to cool.
- Spread the entire jar of peanut butter over the top of the base and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate, being careful not to burn it, and spread it evenly over the top of the peanut butter layer.
- Place the slice back into the fridge to set the chocolate.
- Slice into desired squares and enjoy!
This yummy recipe was created by: @innerpickle_!