Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Peanut Butter & Jam Donuts
Time: 35 mins | Serves: 6 - 8
1 cup frozen raspberries
1 cup frozen blueberries
2 tbsp chia seeds
5 tbsp Mayver’s Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
1/4 cup buckwheat flour
1 cup oat flour (just blend oats)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
2 scoops vegan vanilla protein powder
1 cup coconut yoghurt
1 chia egg (1 tbsp chia seeds + 3 tbsp water, let sit until gel)
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 cup maple syrup or coconut sugar
coconut oil (for greasing)
1. Begin by making the jam. Place all berries into a saucepan and cook for 5-7 minutes until soft and a jam consistency has formed. Transfer the jam to a bowl and place in the fridge to cool.
2. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease the doughnut tray with coconut oil. Skip if using silicone tray.
3. Place all dry ingredients for the doughnuts into a blender and blend until combined. Add all remaining wet ingredients and blend until a smooth batter has formed.
3. Pour the dough into the doughnut tray. Transfer to the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the tray once mostly cooled.
4. While cooking, add the chia seeds to the jam and mix. Allow this to set in the fridge while the doughnuts cool. The chia seeds will expand to form a jam texture.
5. After the doughnuts have cooled for 15 minutes, simply cover them in jam and peanut butter. Serve and enjoy!
Delicious recipe by @powerthroughplants