Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches
Time: 45 mins | Serves: 7
1 cup oat flour
1 cup almond meal
1/4 cup low FODMAP self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
6 tbsp almond milk
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
150 g frozen banana
1 tbsp almond milk
1 tsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients for the cookies.
- Gradually sift in the dry ingredients, stirring after each 1/2 cup addition or so, until a uniform and still slightly sticky dough forms.
- Place the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and prepare the banana ice cream.
- In a high speed blender, blend the frozen banana until it has been reduced into tiny pieces.
- Add the milk, maple syrup and vanilla bean paste and process until smooth and creamy.
- Place the ice cream in the freezer until required when assembling the cookie sandwiches.
- Once the oven is preheated, roll the chilled dough out into 14 balls and place them evenly on a lined baking sheet (you will need to do 2 batches). Flatten the balls with your hand or with a fork lightly coated in flour.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden. Allow cooling on a rack completely.
- To assemble, scoop a chunk of the banana ice cream onto the flat side of one cookie, and sandwich another on top.
Amazing recipe by @thatlofolife