Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Peanut Butter Chicken Coconut Curry
Time: 45 minutes | Serves: 3-4
1 brown onion
1 fresh red chilli
2 tsp coconut oil
400ml coconut cream (1 can)
1 tbsp red curry paste
1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
500g sliced chicken breast
1 pack cherry tomatoes
¼ cup cashews
100g green beans
Coriander to serve
Crushed peanuts to serve
- Heat a large deep frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Finely dice the onion into 1cm cubes and thinly slice the fresh chilli.
- Add the coconut oil to the heated pan, followed by the onion, stirring for approx 2 mins or until the onion softens. Be careful not to brown the onion.
- Add coconut cream to the pan followed by the red curry paste and fresh chilli, stirring constantly for at least 1 minute.
- Stir in the stock and the peanut butter.
- Add chicken, cashews, tomatoes and green beans to the pan and stir through the curry.
- Reduce heat to medium in order to let curry reach a simmer, ensuring that you stir occasionally for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Once the curry is ready, serve into bowls and top with crushed peanuts and coriander to serve!