Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Peanut Butter Caramel Bounty Bites
Time: 1 hour | Serves: 6
Choc Protein Base:
1/2 cup dried dates
1/3 cup buckwheat groats or any nut of choice
1/4 cup vegan chocolate protein powder
1 tsp Mayver’s Omega-3 Super Peanut Butter
1 tbsp hemp seeds
2 heaped tbsp unsweetened desiccated coconut
1 tsp cacao powder
5 tbsp date water (water from soaking the dates)
1/2 heaped cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
100ml light coconut cream
1 tbsp rice malt syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Peanut Butter Caramel Layer:
3 heaped tbsp Mayver’s Omega-3 Super Peanut Butter
3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp maca powder
25g dairy free/vegan friendly chocolate
- Begin by soaking dates in a cup of boiling water for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, add your choc protein base ingredients into a food processor.
- Once your dates are soaked, place them into the food processor. Add 5 tbsp of the date water from soaking your dates.
- Blitz all of your ingredients together for 45 seconds, or until the mixture sticks together as a dough like consistency.
- In a 6 section silicon muffin mold, divide your choc base mixture evenly into the sections and flatten down. Allow to set in the fridge.
- In a large bowl add your coconut layer ingredients and mix until fully combine.
- Portion your coconut layer into the muffin mold on top of the choc protein base, and smoothen it out. Set in the freezer for 10 mins.
- Prepare your peanut butter caramel by mixing together the ingredients until it forms a thick and sticky consistency.
- Evenly add your peanut butter caramel on top of the coconut layer and smoothen out with a spoon. Set in the freezer for 5-10 mins.
- Pop your bounty bites out of the molds. Melt your dairy free chocolate and drizzle over the bounty bites.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer & enjoy!
This recipe was kindly supplied by the amazing @activefoodie_chlo