Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Peanut Butter Caramel Bars
Time: 35 mins | Serves: 16
1 cup almond meal
1 ½ cup dessicated coconut
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
¼ cup rice malt syrup
2 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
Peanut Butter Caramel Layer
1 cup Mayver’s Smooth Peanut Butter
½ cup canned coconut milk (use the solids and discard the water)
½ cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
300g dark chocolate
1 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 150C.
- Combine all the base ingredients in a bowl and press the mixture into a 20cmx20cm square baking dish lined with baking paper. Bake for 10 minutes until lightly golden, let it cool.
- To make the filling, combine the maple syrup and coconut cream in a pan and bring to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes, until the mixture thickens and turns a caramel colour. Remove from the heat and add the remaining ingredients. Pour over the base and transfer to the freezer until firm.
- Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water.
- Remove the base from the freezer and cut into bars. Dip each bar into chocolate, return to freezer to set the chocolate for 10 min. Enjoy!
Drool-worthy recipe by @marinadwright