Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Peanut Butter Breakfast Bars
Time: 25 mins | Serves: 6 - 8
1 ½ cup rolled oats
½ cup almond meal
½ cup flaxseed meal
2 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp sea salt
2-4 tbsp vanilla protein powder (optional)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 bananas (ripe and mashed)
½ cup applesauce
1/4 cup Mayver’s Smooth Peanut Butter
2 tbsp maple syrup
*More Mayver’s Smooth Peanut Butter for the top about 1/2 cup
1. Preheat oven 180° and grease 8×8 square baking dish.
2. In a small bowl combine dry ingredients (oats, almond meal, flaxseed, salt, cinnamon and protein powder if using), set aside. (add the dry ingredients after mixing the wet ingredients).
3. In large bowl mash banana. Add applesauce, maple syrup, 1/4 cup peanut butter and vanilla. Mix well.
4. Stir dry ingredients into wet until combined. Spread mixture into the pan (should be moist but NOT soupy).
5. Bake 20 mins (should be slightly brown around the edges and top should be set), remove from oven and spread peanut butter over the top of the bars.
6. Continue baking for 10 mins more or until firm and lightly browned around the edges. At this point, the peanut butter layer will have tiny little bubbles in it.
7. Cool completely in the refrigerator and cut into squares. Wrap each with plastic wrap and store in an airtight container in the fridge for a quick grab and go breakfast!
Amazing recipe by @elleshungry