Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
PB&J Protein Balls
Time: 30min | Serves: 9-10
1/4 cup raspberry chia jam (250g frozen raspberries, 2-3 tbsp maple syrup & 2 tbsp chia seeds) OR jam of choice
150g PB&J protein powder
100g ripe banana
1/4 cup maple syrup
4 tbsp soy milk
3 tbsp Mayver’s Dark Roasted Crunchy Peanut Butter & 2 tbsp crushed peanuts (optional)
For the Centre:
- To make raspberry chia jam, simmer 250g frozen raspberries and 2-3 tbsp maple syrup in a saucepan for 5 mins, covered.
- Then, smash raspberries down with a spoon/masher, stir in 2 tbsp chia seeds and simmer uncovered until thickened. Store in a jar and cool before use.
- Fill 10 spaces of a mini half-dome silicone mould with raspberry chia jam/jam of choice. Freeze until solid.
- Pop out of mould once frozen and fill 10 spaces in the mould with Mayver’s Dark Roasted Crunchy Peanut Butter, placing a frozen jam half on top of PB surface, creating a round. Freeze rounds until solid.
For the Dough:
- Combine Mayver’s Smooth Peanut Butter, protein powder, ripe banana and maple syrup in a food processor, gradually adding soy milk until the mixture forms a pliable dough.
- Weigh dough on a kitchen scale and divide total weight by 10. Separate dough into 10, weighing each portion as you go to ensure uniform serves. Flatten each portion and set aside.
- Pop a frozen peanut butter and jam ball duo out of the mould and encase it with a portion of dough, rolling around until completely covered, forming a ball. Repeat with the rest of the frozen ball duos and dough portions.
- Drizzle each PB&J protein ball with Mayver’s Dark Roasted Crunchy Peanut Butter & crushed peanuts (optional)
- Store in the fridge and consume within 5-7 days, if they last that long!