Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Nutty Choc-Nana Muffins
Time: 30 | Serves: 12
1 cup buckwheat flour
3/4 almond meal
1/4 cup vegan chocolate protein powder
1/4 cup granulated gold brown sugar alternative
2 tbsp cacao powder
1 tsp baking powder
2 ripe medium bananas
1/3 cup Mayver’s Smooth Peanut Butter
1/4 cup sugar free maple syrup
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
2 + 1/2 tbsp chopped peanuts
½ block sugar free dark or milk chocolate
2 tbsp Mayver’s Smooth Peanut Butter
1 tbsp chopped peanuts
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Begin by adding dry ingredients into a large bowl, and mix until well combined.
- In a medium sized bowl mash two of your medium bananas. Add the other wet ingredients and stir well.
- Transfer wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine.
- Roughly chop sugar free chocolate and fold into the mixture, along with the crushed peanuts.
- Line 2 muffin trays with patty pans. Evenly divide portions of the batter into 12 prepared muffin holes.
- Top each muffin with a dollop of the peanut butter, and swirl with a skewer to achieve a marble design. Additionally top with banana slices and crushed peanuts.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow the muffins to cool and enjoy!
Thanks to @activefoodie_chlo for the amazing recipe!