Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Nut Butter Swirled Pumpkin Loaf
Time: 2 Hours | Serves: 8
For The Loaf:
175g gluten-free flour (recipe below)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
130g raw caster sugar or coconut sugar
230g mashed, roasted pumpkin (or pumpkin puree)
80g natural yoghurt
1 tsp vanilla paste
115g rice bran oil
80g choc chips/toasted nuts/chopped dates (mix it up, or use your fave)
For The Nut Butter Swirl:
1 tbsp raw caster sugar (or coconut sugar)
1 tsp rice bran oil
A pinch of salt
For The Gluten-less Flour:
163g brown rice flour
128g sorghum flour
40g tapioca starch
35g corn flour
To make the flour
- Sift all ingredients into a bowl and whisk until well-combined
- Place flour into an airtight container for future use.
*This recipe makes more flour than necessary for the recipe.
To make the swirl
- Place ingredients in a small bowl and mix until smooth.
- Set aside until needed.
To make the loaf
- Preheat the oven to 170’C (fan forced/180’C conventional). Prepare a loaf tin with butter/oil and baking paper.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt to a bowl and whisk gently until combined.
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs and then add the sugar, mixing until thickened and smooth.
- Add the pumpkin, yoghurt, vanilla, oil and nut butter and mix until well-combined.
- Fold in a third of the dry ingredients into the wet pumpkin mix, then add another third and fold again until just combined. Fold in the final third of dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Fold in the mix-ins (choc chips/toasted nuts/chopped dates) until mixed thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and then add the swirl mixture on top. Use a skewer or a knife/spoon to ‘swirl’ the swirl mix through.
- Bake for 70 – 80 minutes until firm in the centre. If it needs a bit more time, turn the oven off, keep the door closed and allow the loaf to cool down – enjoy!
This yummy recipe was created by: @amelias_apron!