Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter Pie
Time: 35 mins | Serves: 6 - 8
250 grams gluten free biscuits (any flavour)
1/3 cup oats
60 grams salted butter
500 grams lactose free cream cheese
½ cup caster sugar
Dash almond milk
50 grams dark chocolate
Handful chopped salted peanuts
- In a food processor, pulse the biscuits and the oats until a crumb forms.
- Melt the butter in a large, microwave safe bowl and add the biscuit/oat crumb and stir to combine.
- Press the mixture into the base and sides a large pie tin (22cm diameter) to form a thin crust, and refrigerate for 30 minutes until set.
- While the base is setting, leave the cream cheese out on the bench to soften.
- When soft, add the cream cheese, peanut butter, caster sugar and almond milk to a large mixing bowl and cream together using a handheld whisk.
- Spread the filling over the base and return to the fridge for another 30 minutes.
- Once the pie is set, melt the dark chocolate in the microwave and drizzle over the top of the filling. Top with chopped salted peanuts and serve.
Delicious recipe by @thatlofolife