Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Roasted Eggplant Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing
Time: 30 minutes | Serves: 2
For the salad:
1-2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 ½ cup baby spinach leaves
¼ cup mint leaves
¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
¼ cup pomegranate arils
Lemon slices to serve
For the dressing:
2 tbsp Mayver’s Hulled Tahini
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp maple syrup
⅛ tsp cayenne powder (or can submit for harissa)
2-3 tbsp water (to thin)
A pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut the eggplant in quarters, place it on the lined tray and drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil until well coated. Season generously with sea salt.
- Place in the oven to roast for 25-30 minutes.
- To make the dressing, combine the tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, chilli powder and water in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth. Season with salt to taste.
- In a serving platter, arrange baby spinach and mint leaves.
- Once the eggplant is ready, transfer to the platter.
- Drizzle over the tahini dressing and top with the pomegranate arils, mint leaves, spring onions, and lemon slices – enjoy!
This delicious recipe was created by: @thrivebay!