Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Dark Roast Peanut Butter Fudge
Time: 25 mins | Serves: 10 - 12
gf df v
Download your FREE recipe book!
100g vegan butter
1 tin 320g vegan coconut condensed milk
300g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line a square baking tin with parchment paper. 8×8” tin used for this recipe.
- Put the vegan butter, coconut condensed milk and sugar in a large saucepan and set over medium heat. Stir occasionally until melted and the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Meanwhile, measure out your peanut butter in a large bowl and mix in the vanilla extract and salt.
- Allow the sugar mixture to come up to the boil then simmer until it reaches 115°C/239°F on a candy thermometer or, if you don’t have a thermometer, until it starts to come away from the sides of the pan – approximately 4-5 minutes after coming up to the boil.
- Take off the heat and, working quickly, pour into your peanut butter mix and stir quickly, incorporating well, then pour straight into your pre-prepared tin. It’s important not to stir for too long as the fudge will begin to harden very quickly and become crumbly if over-mixed.
- Allow to cool at room temperature. This will take around 3 hours. After 1 hour, you can put the fudge in the fridge to speed up the process. The fudge can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for two weeks. You can also store it in the fridge for up to 4 weeks, however, storing fudge in a refrigerator will dry it out, so I personally recommend keeping it at room temperature, somewhere cool and dry.
Drool-worthy recipe by @deliciously.free