Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Chocolate Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies
Time: 45 minutes | Serves: 10
100g Mayver’s Hazelnut, Cashew & Cacao Spread
1/2 cup coconut sugar
100g butter, room temperature
3/4 cup of Mayver’s Smooth Peanut Butter
1 free-range egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1.5 cups wholemeal flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
- In a silicon ice cube mould, add 2 teaspoons of the Hazelnut, Cashew & Cacao Spread to each hole until you have filled 10. Place in the freezer for 5 hours, until hardened.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C, on a fan-forced setting. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the coconut sugar and butter to a large mixing bowl and use an electric mixer to cream.
- Next, add the peanut butter, egg and vanilla and beat with the electric mixer until combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder and cinnamon to the bowl and mix together until a cookie batter is formed.
- Roll a heaped tablespoon of the batter into a ball and using your thumb, make an indentation in the centre.
- Place one piece of the frozen nut butter into the indentation and enclose.
- Roll the cookie into a ball, place it on the baking tray and gently press down to flatten. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Place the tray in the oven to cook for 15-17 minutes, until golden. Remove from the oven and enjoy!
This yummy recipe was created by Sam Wood!