Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Choc Chip Banana Bread
Time: 20 mins | Serves: 6 - 8
2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax meal and 6 tbsp filtered water)
¾ cup almond milk
¼ cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 ½ cup buckwheat flour
½ tsp cinnamon
⅓ cup chocolate chips
- Prepare your flax eggs by mixing the flax meal with water in a bowl and let them sit for 10-15 minutes until the mixture becomes viscous and ‘egg-like’.
- In a blender, add bananas, flax eggs, almond milk, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla and melted coconut oil and blitz until smooth.
- Slowly add in the rest of the dry ingredients: baking powder, salt, cinnamon and buckwheat flour and keep blending until all the ingredients are perfectly combined.
- Pour into a loaf pan lined with baking paper. Sprinkle choc chips on top.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Amazing recipe by @thrivebay