Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Beetroot, Blueberry & Fig Breakfast Salad
Time: 40 minutes | Serves: 2
gf df v
Download your FREE recipe book!
- 1/2 a small-medium beetroot, peeled, wrapped in foil
- 1/2 cup raw quinoa, rinsed thoroughly (OR 1 cup leftover cooked quinoa)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 ripe fig, sliced into eights
- 100g blueberries (fresh, or frozen and defrosted)
- 1/2 bunch of mint, leaves picked
- 2 Tbsp flaked almonds
- 2 Tbsp walnuts
- 1 Tbsp Mayver’s Tahini
- 2 tsp raw honey (OR pure maple syrup to make it vegan) – optional, easily omitted to keep the sugar content lower if you are concerned
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place the wrapped beetroot on the oven shelf, and allow to roast for 30 minutes.
- Tip the rinsed quinoa into a small pot, and cover with water.
- Bring pot to the boil, then turn down to a simmer and allow to cook until the liquid is absorbed.
- Turn off the heat, and allow to stand for 10 minutes, then fluff with a fork/spoon.
- Remove beetroot from the oven once cooked through and tender (can be tested with a knife), and carefully open the foil (do not burn yourself – if you need to wait for it to cool down then this is safest).
- Chop the cooked beetroot into small bite sized chunks.
- Combine in a bowl the cooked beetroot + quinoa, fig, berries, and mint leaves.
- Divide between 2 servings, sprinkle with nuts, and drizzle with tahini + honey to serve.
This delish recipe was provided by December’s Taste Tester @_naturalnutrition_