Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Time: 25 mins | Serves: 6
1 kg eggplants
2 garlic cloves, minced
Juice of half a lemon
1/3 cup Mayver’s Hulled Tahini
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Handful of chopped parsley, plus extra for garnish
1 tsp salt
1 tsp to 1/2 tsp ground cumin
Pinch of paprika or chilli flakes for garnish
Pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°c and line a tray with baking paper.
2. Halve the eggplants lengthwise and brush the cut sides with olive oil. Place them in the prepared pan with the halved sides down. * Smaller eggplants can be roasted whole, just need to be pearced with the knife few times.
3. Roast eggplants until tender. Cool slightly. Scoop out the flesh and place it in the colander & let it drain. Removing as much moisture as possible.
4. Place eggplants, garlic, lemon juice, tahini, extra virgin olive oil in the blender and process until almost smooth.
5. Stir in parsley, salt & cumin. Add more salt /lemon juice if need be.
6. Spoon your babaganoush into the serving bowl and drizzle with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil, top with more parsley & sprinkle paprika or chilli flakes.
Amazing recipe by @diavolic