Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Almond Spiced Tofu Skewers
Time: 25 minutes | Serves: 6
gf df v
Download your FREE recipe book!
- 350g firm tofu
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 green capsicum
- 1 yellow capsicum
- 1 red capsicum
Almond butter marinade:
- 1/4 cup Mayver’s Almond Spread
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice malt syrup or maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 Tbsp warm water
- 1 tsp of chilli sauce (optional)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Slice the tofu into roughly 2.5cm squares.
- Combine and mix all the ingredients for the marinade into a large bowl. Add your tofu squares and coat well, leaving it to marinate preferably overnight.
- When ready to cook, chop onion and capsicums into a similar size as the tofu. This will allow everything to cook evenly.
- Layer the skewers with tofu with vegetables. Set aside any leftover marinade.
- Heat your grill pan or BBQ on medium heat. Add a little oil and cook your skewers, turning regularly to stop any burning, adding any leftover marinade as you go.
This amaaaazing recipe was provided by this month’s Taste Tester @amylecreations