Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Easter Banana Loaf Cake
Time: 2 Hours | Serves: 12
250g frozen raspberries, thawed
2 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 cup Mayver’s Skin On Peanut Butter
3 eggs, whisked
1/4 cup light extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp honey
1/2 cup skim milk
3 overripe bananas, 2 mashed and 1 sliced
1 cup plain wholemeal flour
1 cup plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
- To prepare the chia jam, combine raspberries and chia seeds in a small mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Cover and place in the refrigerator to thicken.
- Preheat oven to 180°C /160°C (fan-forced). Line a 21cm x 11cm loaf pan with non-stick baking paper.
- Beat peanut butter and eggs with an electric mixer on medium speed for 3 minutes, or until thick and well combined.
- Reduce speed to low and beat in olive oil, honey, milk and mashed banana.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flours, bicarbonate soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir to combine. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and fold gently.
- Pour mixture into the lined pan and press banana halves into the top of the mixture. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to cool.
- Slice into 12 pieces. Serve alongside chia jam and peanut butter!
Delicious recipe by: @susieburrelldietitian