Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Vegan PB Pancakes
Time: 25 Minutes | Serves: 8
• 1 cup of wholemeal self-raising flour (sifted)
• 1/4 cup organic 100% maple syrup
• 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted & cooled)
• 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, I used @almondbreeze
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil (for cooking use)
1. Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl and add all the wet ingredients (maple syrup, 2 tablespoons oil & almond milk)!
2. Whisk the batter thoroughly until combined & then set aside. Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
3. Add a drizzle of coconut oil into the pan and swirl it around to coat the bottom. Add 2-tablespoon portions into the pan, cooking about 2-3 per batch (I use an ice cream scooper). Fry the pancakes for 2 minutes on each side or until bubbles appear on the surface and edges appear to look dry.
4. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes, than transfer to a warm plate. Repeat cooking the remaining batter, adding more oil to the pan as needed.