Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Chicken Nuggets & Satay Sauce
Time: 40 minutes | Serves: 4
For the nuggets:
225g / 8oz chicken breast, cut into chunks
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup almond meal
1 tbsp ground coriander
1 tbsp turmeric
salt and pepper, to taste
For the satay sauce:
1 400ml tin of full-fat coconut milk
1/4 cup of Thai red curry paste
3/4 cup Mayvers Smooth Peanut Butter
1/2 tbsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 180˚C / 375˚F / Gas Mark 4.
- In a small bowl, combine almond meal, ground coriander, turmeric and salt and pepper.
- Cut chicken breast into 5cm thick nuggets.
- Lightly coat the chicken in egg and then cover in the almond meal mixture.
- Pop nuggets on a baking paper lined baking sheet and bake for around 20-30 minutes or until chicken is done cooking.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the satay sauce.
- For the sauce, pop all sauce ingredients into a heavy-based saucepan and bring to a gentle boil over medium heat, whisk constantly.
- Allow the sauce to simmer for 3 minutes, over very low heat.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool to room temperature.
- Pour into a small bowl for serving and store the remainder in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Dunk nuggets in the sauce. Eat!
This recipe was provided by @hellolunchlady