Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Tahini Choc Banana Cake
Time: 1 hour | Serves: 12
Download your FREE recipe book!
- 3 small ripe Bananas
- 1/4 cup Mayver’s Hulled Tahini
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Extract
- 1 & 1/4 cups Buckwheat Flour
- 1/4 cup Raw Cacao Powder
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- Pinch of fine Pink Himalayan Salt
- 80g Dark Chocolate, chopped
- Pop the chopped chocolate in the freezer 30 minutes before starting (this will help the chocolate pieces hold their shape rather than melting all over the top of the cake)
- Heat oven to 175°C then grease and line a square cake tin
- In a large bowl, mash the peeled bananas with a fork, then mix well with the milk, vanilla, and Mayver’s Hulled Tahini
- Add the flour, baking powder, cacao, sugar and salt and combine well
- Pour into your cake tin and sprinkle the chopped chocolate over the top, bake for 30 minutes on the middle shelf, or until a skewer comes out clean
- Allow to cool in pan before slicing
Thanks to @jodiskitchen for this one!