Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Tahini Caramel Slice
Time: 20 minutes | Serves: 10
gf df v
Download your FREE recipe book!
For the base:
For the base:
- ¼ cup pitted medjool dates
- ¼ cup sultanas
- ¾ cup Mayver’s Almond Spread
- ¾ cup raw cashews
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
For the caramel:
- 1/2 cup Mayver’s Hulled Tahini
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
For the chocolate:
- Large pinch himalayan sea salt, optional
- 3 heaped tbs raw cacao powder
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 heaped tbsp coconut oil
- Grease a rectangular brownie tin with coconut oil, line with baking paper and lightly coat baking paper again with coconut oil. Blend the sultanas, dates and nuts in a food processor until mixed through.
- Add vanilla and continue to blend until the mixture is sticky. You may need to add more coconut oil. Cover the base of the bottom of the baking tin and place in the freezer while you make the caramel.
- Blend all caramel ingredients until smooth and pour over base. Use a spatula to flatten the mixture evenly and ensure a straight layer. Again put the baking tin in the freezer while you make the chocolate.
- Place all chocolate ingredients in a saucepan and place over very low heat to mix through, while sugar dissolves and coconut oil melts and mixes through the cacao. Pour chocolate over the slice and put back in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Turn out carefully, remove baking paper and slice into squares. Keeps in the fridge for no more than a week. Or freeze portions.