Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Sweet Potato and Tofu Peanut Butter Satay
Time: 30 | Serves: 4
Download your FREE recipe book!
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 generous tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp minced ginger (or 2 tsp ground ginger)
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 can coconut milk
- 6 heaped tbsp Mayver’s Organic Peanut and Coconut Spread
- 4 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 3 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Squeeze of lime juice
- 1 block of firm tofu, cubed and fried in a little oil until golden
- Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat and add a tbsp of oil. Add the onion and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add crushed garlic, ginger, cumin seeds and curry powder and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the sweet potato, fried tofu cubes, tomatoes, coconut milk, Mayver’s Organic Peanut and Coconut spread, soy sauce and 400ml water. Stir and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook for a couple of minutes until wilted.
- Season with lime juice, salt and pepper to your taste, and serve with basmati rice.
- Thanks to Nina from Ninabarwald for this amazing recipe.