Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Sticky Date Loaf With Caramel Butter
Time: 60 minutes | Serves: 8
250g Pitted Dates
1 Tsp Bicarb Soda
¼ Coconut oil
1/2 cup Mayver’s Tahini
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
2tbs Mayver’s Almond Butter
1 tablespoon nut milk
1 tbsp maple syrup
1. Heat oven to 170c. Combine 250g pitted dates with 200ml water, 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda and pop on low heat on stove to simmer and soften until the water is almost all absorbed.
2. Stir throughout cooking. Once cooked set aside to cool slightly.
3. In a large bowl whisk together 1/4 cup coconut oil or melted butter, 1/2 cup Mayver’s good tahini, 1/4 cup maple syrup and 2 eggs until creamy. Add 1/2 cup buckwheat flour, 1/2 cup brown rice flour, 1/4 cup desiccated coconut, 1.5 teaspoons baking powder and cooked dates then mix to combine.
4. Pour into a lined 12x24cm loaf tin and place in oven to cook for 45-50 minutes, test with a skewer to make sure it’s cooked through.
5. Cool in tin for 20 minutes then remove and pop on a rack.
6. Whilst cooling you can make a CARAMEL BUTTER if you like by whisking together 2tbsp @mayversfood almond butter, 1 tablespoon nut milk with 1 tbsp maple syrup until smooth.
7. Smear onto date loaf and enjoy!!!!
Recipe by the wonderful @brownpapernutrition