Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Spooky Shortbread Skeletons
Time: 45 mins | Serves: 12
Download your FREE recipe book!
- 1/3 cup Mayver’s Protein+ Peanut Butter
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- ¼ cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup stevia
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon Decorations
- ¼ cup red jam
- Piping gel, cooled melted chocolate or icing
- Piping bag.
- Cream the butter and Mayver’s Protein+ Peanut Butter together in a medium-sized bowl. Once completely mixed, add the vanilla and cinnamon and combine well.
- Next, mix in the almond meal, gluten-free flour and stevia. The dough will be slightly crumbly.
- Using your hands, empty the bowl onto a lined sheet of baking paper and using a rolling pin, flatten dough to just over ½ cm thick. Pop this into the fridge to chill for 30mins –1 hour. You can work the dough without refrigerating however, it will be quite crumbly.
- Preheat the oven to 170 C.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out gingerbread shapes and transfer to a tray lined with baking paper. Don’t worry if they break! This is the Halloween aim!
- Bake for 10 –15 minutes depending on thickness. The cookies may look underdone but don’t worry! They’re perfectly done! Let the cookies cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Once cooled, decorate by piping on bones and faces, decorate the wounded skeletons with the jam blood.
- Enjoy! A not so spooky Halloween treat!
Thanks to @healthfoodproject for the recipe.